With a lively atmosphere, beautiful beaches and luxury spas, it’s no wonder Koh Samui is such a popular island for expats. Whether you’re planning a permanent move, or just want a holiday home on the island, you will find a range of villas for sale in Samui at SunWay Samui. With over 10 years of experience helping people find their place in the sun, we make it easy for you to find your perfect villa or home on this colourful island.
Find villas for sale in Koh Samui to suit your lifestyle
SunWay Samui makes it easy to find villas for sale in Koh Samui. We are local property experts who list a wide range of villas and land, so we can match you with a property that suits your lifestyle.
On our site you’ll find a range of standalone villas, as well as villas in exclusive residential complexes, for those who like being in a small community. You can choose from villas of all sizes, from one bedroom to five or more, so your villa can be just for you or a place for your extended family to gather.
You can also choose between a wide range of styles of villas for sale in Samui. Some people love the traditional Thai look, while others prefer a modern house with all the amenities and a sleek, contemporary style. The great thing about many villas in Thailand is that they tend to balance the two with a tropical modern style. This gives you an open plan look and makes the most of surrounding nature. Many villas for sale in Koh Samui also have a pool or other water features which add to the relaxed vibe of the property.
Luxury villas for sale in Samui’s popular areas
At SunWay Samui, you can find luxury villas for sale in Samui in some of the most popular parts of the island. Some places that are popular with expats and holidaymakers include:
● Chaweng Beach – this is the island’s biggest and liveliest areas, so living here means you’re close to lots of bars and restaurants, plus colourful nightlife. But there are quieter neighbourhoods if you prefer – our property experts can help you find the perfect location to buy a villa. Try the Chaweng Noi area if you want to be close to a sandy beach with clear blue seas with one of the best sea views on the island
● Taling Ngam – on the south west coast of Koh Samui, this is a peaceful, undeveloped area, thanks to its national park status. However, there are occasionally luxury beachfront and sea view villas for sale in the area which would suit people seeking a peaceful escape
● Maenam – while Maenam used to be a popular place for backpackers, it is now a great place to buy a villa if you want peaceful beaches. Many of the best beaches are found down winding paths, so you can avoid the crowds
● Tongson Bay– set at the northernmost tip of Koh Samui, Tongson Bay is a bit of a hidden treasure, with fewer tourists than the big resorts and white sandy beaches while enjoying stunning sea views
● Choengmon – this upmarket area is on the north-eastern tip of the island and is the perfect place to find luxury villas with good beach and all amenities available nearby
● Bophut – a very popular spot close to Fisherman’s Village which became a top destination for dinning and leisure, Bophut has more of a traditional, village feel and close to all supermarkets, schools, airport.
● Lamai – Lamai is the island’s second largest area, after Chaweng, this is a lively tourist place with good swimmable beaches all year around. It is perfect for those who want to enjoy the colourful culture of the island
Wherever you’re looking for luxury villas for sale in Samui, simply give us a call and we can help you find the perfect villa in a location you love.
SunWay Samui has many years of experience finding homes in Koh Samui for people who wish to live on this tropical paradise island or spend lots of time here. Browse some of our villas for sale below or call +66 (0) 89-662-35-69, +66 (0) 9-300-100-90 (WhatsApp available) and we’ll do all we can to help.
For Sale - Villa or House?
Villa has become the popular term used to describe stand alone houses on Samui. This has most likely come from the European style of referring to houses in Spa and waterside locations as villas. So if you are looking to buy a property on Samui and whether you prefer 'Villa' or 'House' there is without a doubt an exciting and wide range available for your consideration.
Beach or Mountainside?
Location of course is one of the big deciding factors for any property purchase. On a small volcanic tropical island like Koh Samui there are three categories of land: beach-side, mountain-side, and the narrow ribbon of flat land between. All have their own advantages and only you will know which you prefer. Beach-side evokes the all the romance of the tropics and who doesn't want to step out of their villa onto sparkling white sand and within a few paces dive in to the warm waters of the Gulf of Thailand? A limited coastline and popular demand results in hefty price tags for such properties. Mountain-side, of which there is a more plentiful supply, offers the added bonus of expansive views, more than likely including sea vistas, and frequent cooling breezes. Almost guaranteed sea and lush tropical bush views means this land is also now much sort after. Construction on what can be steep plots means mountain-side villas are not cheap to build and tend to the high end of the market. The ribbon of flat land around the island offers easier construction and easy access to the island's infrastructure and main roads. This is where most hotels and commercial enterprises are located as well as many mid range and cheaper villas and villa complexes.
One Bedroom or Six?
One bedroom to six bedrooms and more if you need. There is most certainly the right size villa waiting for you on Koh Samui. Are you buying a home, or home away from home, or an investment property? The answer will no doubt help to determine the perfect sized villa for your needs. Property in the tropics needs frequent maintenance and upkeep so best not to have more space than you need.
Functional or Glamorous?
Style – among the villas offered for sale by SunWay Samui there most certainly will be one which will fit your feel. As Koh Samui is a relatively new real estate market there are few older and traditional Thai houses on the market. Most villas are built in what can be called a 'Tropical Modern' style using concrete, glass and stone, with timber accents. But even this offers a huge scope for unique and individual design. Glamorous and high tech using the latest house technology and expensive imported equipment, furniture and finishes – is this you? Or perhaps something simpler and more functional will suit your needs and budget better? We at SunWay Samui will be thrilled to help you find the perfect fit.